A memory leak is unnecessary memory consumption by a computer program. The most common manifestion is the failure to release unused memory that has been allocated. A memory leak occurs when the program either loses the ability to free the memory or simply neglects to free memory it no longer needs. (source: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.)
Wikilog version 1.1.0 has been released today. This version and the following branch (1.1.x) target the MediaWiki 1.16 branch, which was released on July 28th. This release can also be used with MediaWiki 1.15.
Wikilog is the MediaWiki extension that powers this blog. Wikilog enhances MediaWiki with some common blogging features, making it a wiki-blog hybrid.
The first stable version of Wikilog, 1.0.0, has been released today. Wikilog is the MediaWiki extension that runs this blog. Wikilog enhances MediaWiki with some common blogging features, making it a wiki-blog hybrid.
My motherboard comes equipped with a W83627EHF sensor chip, which is supported by Linux via the w83627ehf module. It was automatically detected and configured by lm-sensors. The chip has an adjustable PWM output that allows the user to control system fan speeds. The Linux kernel module exports these controls through
pwm* files under
/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/. Writing an integer in the 0-255 range to any of these files changes the PWM output of that fan, altering its rotation.
I usually don't bother with system fan speeds, but my current CPU fan produces a particularly annoying noise at ~3300 RPM and above. Sometimes I want to manually adjust it in order to reduce the noise.
I decided to create this widget for two reasons: to have a nice and easy way to adjust the CPU fan speed, without having to manually issue commands every time; and to have a quick look on how it is to develop Plasma widgets (Plasmoids), specially through its Python bindings.
Sometimes, people send me files (usually packaged in some container that is not Unicode-aware) with names in character encodings that differ from my system configuration, and I end up with broken filenames in my filesystem.
Some time ago I wrote a script, i18n-rename, to quickly convert the character encoding of a set of filenames. Since this may be useful for someone else, I'm releasing it to the public.